Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Searchlights for the Soul

I often feel the presence of the Creator when I drive to play ping-pong and afterwards.  I always tune my radio to stations that preach the gospel and I, from time to time, heard amazing messages that astonish me in a special way.  (Strictly speaking, our feeling should not be the measure of God's presence, for which the reason is obvious.)  Pastor Lance Sparks among many other pastors impresses me greatly when I listen to his preaching.  Yesterday (Monday) I heard "The Talents, Part 1" of the "Searchlights for the Soul" series.  I would also like my friends and teachers (せんせい 先生 sensei) to listen to it and see what you think.  It is interesting that one can interpret Jesus' parables many different ways, perhaps the way you want it to be.  I heard people who are into making money (and into stocks, even) often cite this parable to support their zeal for doing investments.
Ping-pong talk:
After 40+ years of hard studying and playing, I am coming to play it "almost" right.  For people of no talent, there is no alternative except hard work.


"Searchlights for the Soul" series
http://www.ccc-online.org/resources/audio_searchlights.php

A ministry of Christ Community Church with Pastor Lance Sparks
http://www.livingword-online.org/

To listen to audio series click here "Searchlights for the Soul" series

No comments:

Post a Comment