許老師 from 台南, Taiwan
Private Chinese language teacher 中文老師 in elementary and high school years
7-8-2014
Violin teacher 小提琴老師 Gary
Gary studied his violin music major at Rice University. He has been teaching at Santa Ana City College. He also conducts orchestras at high schools. Young Young and Kenny first took lessons with Mrs. Luna in Long Beach for several years.
7-8-2014
The referral to Gary for violin teaching traces back to one evening when I was walking across the street with my Chinese violin visible in my hand. I was to play some music in a Bible study and worship gathering at friend's house in Fullerton. Two white young men came out of their car that stopped in the middle of the street for a reason I can not remember. One of them said to me he knew about the instrument. He turned out to be the conductor of Shi-Lai Temple西來寺 orchestra. I asked him if he knew someone that could teach the violin. He referred to Gary. As time goes by, many of our friends' kids also went to take lessons with Gary.






No comments:
Post a Comment