Monday, February 18, 2013

Flower Girl and Wedding Reception

The Arcadia Presbyterian Church (Feb. 9, 2013 3 p.m.)

Flower Girl







Jenny and Richardson's daughter

Carolyne Tsai's daughter (on the right)



Jenny, Richardson and daughter



Pastor's blessing


The wedding hostess and church pianist.  She gave an impromptu piano accompaniment when I was playing couple songs for the reception with my Taiwanese cello, variation of the Chinese violin erhu.  With my instrument tuned to A and E, I played 'What A Friend We Have In Jesus' in A major and 'Desiring Spring Breeze望春風' in D major.  All these were not a problem to her.

Dr. Chien's doctor friends from Hemet



Dr. Lu and Dr. Chen from Hemet


大 吳先生 (Mr. Wu) and the heart specialist doctor from Hemet whom I had the honor to treat with acupuncture couple years ago. 

Mr. Wu and Dr. Lee from Hemet

Dr. Lu and Dr. Chen (internal medicine doctor) are among a dozen Taiwanese MDs practicing in Hemet.  I told Dr. Lu (back of the table) he has the look of 謝長挺, Taiwan presidential candidate who lost out to the presiding president Ma.  He asked, 'Is that good or bad?'




 
 He is Ted Kennedy.  Visiting Taiwan? 

Chef Wang (from Taipei) was hired to cook for the wedding reception at the Arcadia Presbyterian Church.  I like a lot his vegetable dumpling 菜包.  In face, I prefer his version over the same we had at Taipei 鼎泰豐Ding Tai Feng.  Me sounding like a food critic?  I believe me can be one because I cook well, too, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment