Tuesday, June 18, 2013

God's chosen people

http://www.jochnowitz.net/Essays/JewishComp.html
'Jewish Composers and Performers'

Is there a Jewish instrument?
... And we don't know why Jews are so numerous among the world's great violinists.

The biblical answer: Jews are God's chosen people.  
The violin is a very difficult instrument to play as all string instruments are.  Taiwanese have a saying, 'A year to master the Hsiao 蕭 (Japanese shakuhachi 尺八), a month the Di Zi 笛子(Chinese bamboo flute) and 10 thousand years the strings 弦.'  The Chinese violin or Chinese cello as some westerners also name it is even much easier to learn and to play than the violin.  God reveals to the world his chosen people are blessed with extraordinary talent for the most difficult musical instrument.  This is why there are more prominent world-class violinists among Jews than other human races.


In my 30s, I still dreamed about playing the violin.  Later I dropped the idea after seeing the work my kids had done in their violin lessons.

So, there I was content with playing the Chinese violin (taken at the Claremont Colleges)

No comments:

Post a Comment